cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Web Viewer - Failed to establish the following data connection

Kim_Hammers
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are trying to install Reporting Web Viewer, so we can generate URL links to our Dashboards. We are successfully generating the dashboard URLs, and the user is prompted to enter Parameters (as necessary), but then the final connection fails with this error message. The connection listed is the Data Provider for the dashboard. We've reviewed the MRG, but can't figure out what step we are missing...

88e6b733ddb24381813b0bcdf8f3ac34

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Kim_Hammers
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Working with our first line of support, we were able to determine that this was a user authentication issue. The solution was to make sure our Reporting Viewer user matched our AppNet user. Once we did that, we were able to generate/access Dashboard URLs.

One last hurdle that we came across had to do with the generated URL being too long to render. This was because our Dashboard has several Parameters, which makes the generated URL very long. To fix that, our FLOS / Hyland suggested the following changes to override the defaults used in IIS.

1. In your ReportingViewerWeb.config (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Reporting Viewer\) file add MaxQueryString="32768" to the request Filtering/requestLimits node

b18defdcf66941e0b4bbe4d37011c977
2. Add maxQueryStringLength="30000" to httpruntime node

175f45a5d5904055bbde0ca56b0c9305
3. In your AppServer (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AppServer) web.config file Add MaxQueryString="32768" to the Security/Request Filtering/RequestLimits node
078bc6067341430c90ba5cf8f59e3c18

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kim Hammers,

I changed the tag for this community question from Community (Site) to Reporting Dashboards. For the best customer experience, please always tag your question with a specific product / module so that community members following that group will be notified when you post your question. 

For more information, see How do you ensure the right people see your questions? 

Cheers! 
~Alan 

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kim Hammers,

I've seen your same data connection issue and error message in a few support cases.  These were resolved by setting the "Identity Impersonate" option appropriately.

If your "Identity Impersonate" setting in the AppNet web.config is set to "TRUE" but you do not have an identity account configured.

Do one of the following:

I hope this helps!

~Alan

Thank you for this information! We verified that Identity Impersonation is set to false and it is disabled. We are opening a case with our first line of support. I will post again when I hear back from them.

Kim_Hammers
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Working with our first line of support, we were able to determine that this was a user authentication issue. The solution was to make sure our Reporting Viewer user matched our AppNet user. Once we did that, we were able to generate/access Dashboard URLs.

One last hurdle that we came across had to do with the generated URL being too long to render. This was because our Dashboard has several Parameters, which makes the generated URL very long. To fix that, our FLOS / Hyland suggested the following changes to override the defaults used in IIS.

1. In your ReportingViewerWeb.config (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Reporting Viewer\) file add MaxQueryString="32768" to the request Filtering/requestLimits node

b18defdcf66941e0b4bbe4d37011c977
2. Add maxQueryStringLength="30000" to httpruntime node

175f45a5d5904055bbde0ca56b0c9305
3. In your AppServer (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AppServer) web.config file Add MaxQueryString="32768" to the Security/Request Filtering/RequestLimits node
078bc6067341430c90ba5cf8f59e3c18