cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Scheduler instance for task group for generating data provider reports

Amy_Young-Leith
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I'm having difficulty getting this to work, and it's around the account executing the tasks in the service instance. I've poured over the MRG, searched Community, tried a variety of things, and can't see what I'm missing. Can someone lend me a clue? 

For the first time, I am using Unity Scheduler tasks to execute data provider reports each evening. Creating the task group and the tasks, then executing them within Unity Management Console manually works fine. I understand this is doing it through the app server, and doing it as my OnBase login.

I created a new Unity Scheduler instance for this task group as I have oodles of times for other tasks and groups -- although never before for tasks generating data provider reports. When the schedule comes time to run those tasks, I get an error because it is an OnBase user called WFTIMER that is actually running that, and it does not have access to our DB, as users of the system do. 

I use the command line in Powershell to create the instance (or attempt to): 

.\Hyland.Core.Scheduler.NTService.exe" /create -sn="service name" -
obu="service account name" -obp="service account password" -obd="connection
string name" -obg="task group name" -desc="description" -
u="Windows User Name" -p="Windows Password" -st="Start Type"

When creating an instance of the Unity Scheduler Service using the command line as I always have, using WFTIMER as the obu creates the service for this task group, but when they run, they error as the DB doesn't have a user WFTIMER. 

[10/15/2024 02:27:18 -07:00 Error] Process 12776 Thread 1 Level 0 Deployer Exception: Code="DataSource" Sub Code="Connect" Message="Direct Connection Data Source '[REDACTED]' ('[REDACTED].com'): create Session for User 'WFTIMER' Failed" Level 1 Exception: Type="System.ApplicationException" Message="Failed to generate key for 'OBBlobNum'. ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" HResult="0x80131600" Level 2 Exception: Type="Hyland.Data.Exceptions.OracleDatabaseException" Message="ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" HResult="0x80004005" Level 3 Exception: Type="Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleException" Message="ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" HResult="0x80004005" SQL Server Exception - Severity 0 ErrCode 0x80004005 Num 1031 State '0' Message : 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges' Sql Error #: 0 - Severity 0 Num 1031 State'0' Message : 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges ' Timestamp: 10/15/2024 2:27:18 AM -07:00 Profile: error ProcessId: 12776 EventId: 0 ThreadId: 1 LogLevel: Error Category: Hyland.Logging ServerIP: [REDACTED] TenantId: CorrelationId: SourceContext: ErrorEventLog

I have tried everything I can think of, and I either get a failure for the service instance to create, or it creates but then the task executions fail. 

What am I missing?

0 REPLIES 0