cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Dashboard (Owner) best practice used by other organizations?

Ellen_A_Barry
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

OnBase 16 - A change to a dashboard was made recently by a user assigned  "full control" in the QAS system, did export/import process and it failed.  The original full control  (owner) had left the company and their user name deleted from our PRD environment but was still setup in QAS.  

The Owner cannot be changed once assigned.  To allow the import - the user name had to be created in PRD (no user groups added) .  

To change the owner in QAS, a support ticket was opened and was changed to MANAGER via SQL table changes.

What does your organization do to prevent the situation I ran into?  We are moving to Foundation soon and I would like to open up Reporting Dashboard development but don't want to deal with users leaving the company after they may be assigned as owner.  Is there a best practice for setting up Reporting Dashboard developers?

Thanks!  

Ellie Barry

Dawn Food Products, Inc.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Lood_Strydom1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Ellie

I would set up a specific well-defined user - almost like "MANAGER" - purely for owning all the dashboards.  You would obviously have to be careful about who you give access to this dashboard user ( as you do with MANAGER, right?).

Regards

Lood

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Lood_Strydom1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Ellie

I would set up a specific well-defined user - almost like "MANAGER" - purely for owning all the dashboards.  You would obviously have to be careful about who you give access to this dashboard user ( as you do with MANAGER, right?).

Regards

Lood

Thanks Lood, 

I was hoping for a solution that did not include MANAGER - but is doable if the CREATE NEW Dashboard is setup under MANAGER and then the user is granted full rights to continue development under their own user ID.  

Ellie