cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Grid - Multiple Data providers.

Rob_Dale
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Our workflow is designed so only one document type is entered into workflow, no other doc types enter workflow.  We'll call the workflow document WFDoc.

I have another document, OtherDoc, that is associated with WFDoc by policy number.

I'm trying to generate a single data grid that contains details on WFDoc documents in workflow (Queue, entry date, keyword values etc), but I also need to display if there is a OtherDoc associated by contract number.  The OtherDoc would not be in workflow.  I can't figure out how to do this.  I've tried using multiple Data Providers, one a Workflow provider, and one a document provider, but can't figure out how to link it up.

2 REPLIES 2

Todd_Bailey
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Rob,

If you are looking to have all of this data in a single grid, then you will need to use a Custom SQL to achieve this.  However, if you do not need to have this data in a single grid, then you can use multiple data providers.  To accomplish this, you will need to create the original Workflow data provider and return the policy number. Then you will want to make sure that you return the policy number on the related document.  If they are not stored in the same keyword values, then you will need to rename the column on the data provider(s) to match.  When doing Cross-Data Source filtering, there has to be matching column names so that the dashboard knows how to filter between the two data providers.

Thank you,

Todd Bailey

Hello, I am gong through this situation. I have two data providers (workflow activity and document type) and cannot filter from grid 1 to grid 2 having matching column names. I have set the Cross-Data-Source Filtering. I expect to click on the value from the matching column name on the document type provider, to filter the activity on the workflow grid.

Should I have the single master or the multiple master interactivity set? Should I do this only on the document type provider?

Thank you