cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard with Multiple Document Types

jeffrey_slavik
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is it possible on a single dashboard to have three pie charts based off of 3 separate document types?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jason_Knight
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi, Jeffrey, and thank you for using Reporting Dashboards.  The answer to your question is yes.  One way to achieve that is to create three data providers, one for each document type, and assign all three to the dashboard.  Then you can add three pie charts to the dashboard and assign a different data provider to each one.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thank you.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jason_Knight
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi, Jeffrey, and thank you for using Reporting Dashboards.  The answer to your question is yes.  One way to achieve that is to create three data providers, one for each document type, and assign all three to the dashboard.  Then you can add three pie charts to the dashboard and assign a different data provider to each one.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thank you.

jeffrey_slavik
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Jason, thank you!  Good to know.  New to the dashboard module, so I appreciate the guidance.

Jeff

Michael_Xie
Employee
Employee

Alternatively, with one single data provider, you can also create three Pie Dashboard Items, and on each item you can add a filter with Document Type equals to different name.  You will need to include the Document Type as Arguments.

72e0c49bc341405b827ae62a6577df3c

I very much so prefer this method as making 3 data providers means more room for failure. I would highly suggest looking at this approach if you are truly wanting to follow this.