cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Dashboard not reflecting changes

Joy_Wood
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi, I have made changes to a dashboard, like position of a data item.  I have saved my changes and they show in the design view.  But when I view the dashboard it does not reflect my change.  I've even exited the unity client and logged back in.  And for extra measure...I refreshed the server cache.   We are in v18.  Am I missing a step?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Dante_Dirskell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Joy,

When this occurs you will need to right click on the dashboard while viewing it and select “Clear customizations.” Dashboards will store the minor customizations made by individual users so they don’t need to continuously modify a dashboard each time it is reopened. These customizations are only cleared when a major adjustment is made to the dashboard in the designer (ie. Dashboard items are added or removed) or when the customizations are cleared.   

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your first line of support.

Thanks for using Community!

-Dante D.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Just thinking here, but if you Right-click on you list of dashboards and then click refresh, does it show then?

I reviewed this and issue seemed to arise after I created a tile group and put the dashboards on it.  I removed them from the tile group and that seemed to resolve my issue.

Dante_Dirskell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Joy,

When this occurs you will need to right click on the dashboard while viewing it and select “Clear customizations.” Dashboards will store the minor customizations made by individual users so they don’t need to continuously modify a dashboard each time it is reopened. These customizations are only cleared when a major adjustment is made to the dashboard in the designer (ie. Dashboard items are added or removed) or when the customizations are cleared.   

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your first line of support.

Thanks for using Community!

-Dante D.