cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a report using Reporting Dashboard from a Unity Form

Debra_Rutan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a customer that created a Unity Form that has a section that contains several check boxes (example Services Requested shown below). After this form has been completed by their clients, they want to generate a report that will give them a count for each Service Requested. These check boxes are not keywords. Can a report be generated using the Reporting Dashboard module?

752010de76724e4f8b65f2d6a59981c8

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

Most common solution is to use the API to access the XML files OR use Workflow and Workflow Properties.

Similar Thread:

Accessing data in Unity Forms (hyland.com)

If it was my solution I would probably explore Workflow, using an OnSaveForm system event.

It would be a loop for each (yes, all 20+) checkbox on the form:

1. Action: Set Property to/from Unity Form
  2. Rule: Check Property = 1
  3. TRUE: Action: Increment Property (propTotal) (+1)

After that I would likely copy the value of propTotal back to a keyword on my form so it becomes searchable and reportable.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

To report on specific check boxes across forms, you would really need each item to be a keyword.  Or use one keyword that can store a coded value that contains the values of all the checkboxes (and then use bitwise SQL or something similar to extract the value of a given checkbox).  Otherwise (and what I am planning for a similar form) you could create a WorkView object to capture all the data and then use a Filter to expose the data to Reporting Dashboards.  (Might be overkill for the Unity Form, but in my case, the Unity Form will just be the data entry form to WorkView, and the real work will be in the WorkView items.)

I like both @Jim Perry  and @David Juhlin 's approaches. David makes a very good point about how WorkView would be a perfect fit here. I was making an assumption that the customer who developed the form does not have a WorkView license. If they did have WorkView, David's solution would be my approach as well.

You are correct. The customer does not have WorkView.