Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking (GetAppTree) is slow!

Amanda_Shannon
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Afternoon!

I just got a report that linking in Firefox is all of a sudden slow.  It was OK until sometime yesterday.  When I test it it takes 11.91 seconds in Firefox and 8.32 seconds in Chrome.  I know GetAppTree is a little slower then the old way of doing things in IE but I don't think we have seen this type of slowness for awhile.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm not sure where to start!

Firefox 106.0.2

Content 7.2.3.395

Thanks!

~Amanda

12 REPLIES 12

Casey_Callahan
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi @Amanda Shannon 
AppGetTree performance can be impacted by changes to the pages that are being examined and changes in the browser engines. It would be helpful to know what application and screens you are using for linking, if they've been recently changed, and if you are running the most recent versions of the functions typically used in AppGetTree scripts. Also browser add-ons and aggressive AntiVirus/Malware scanning of pages can slow performance in our experience.

Hi @Casey Callahan 

Thank you so much for detailing what could cause it and what to check.  I will definitely keep those in mind.  Oddly this seemed better as of Monday morning.  So whether the running of the maintenance plan over the weekend helped or not I'm just not sure!

Thanks again!

Tim_White
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

How can I check to see that I am "...running the most recent versions of the functions typically used in AppGetTree scripts."?

@Tim White - This article tskb000010651-imagenow-using-the-appgettree-script contains a link to a script template with functions. Comments state last updated  7/21/2021.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.