cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying all areas that could have an LDAP configuration for Perceptive Content

Pam_Thomas
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I was wondering if I could get a little help from the Perceptive Content Admins.  We are still on v7.3 (on Linux) and we have a Brainware integration (on Windows).  We have to change our LDAP configuration for our Perceptive Content application and I am struggling to find all of the places that should be updated.  I found the following list in another Community article that lists four areas for LDAP configuration:

https://community.hyland.com/tskb/000005484-imagenow-microsoft-announcement-regarding-ldap-channel-b...

• Perceptive Content Server - LDAP authentication

- found this - ( /inserver/etc/inow.ini)

• Perceptive User Replication Agent - LDAP User/Group syncing

- found this - ( /inserver/etc/inow.ini & inserverUR.ini)

• Perceptive Content Management Console - User Import (LDAP)

-  I'm unsure of what setting I'm looking for

• Integration Server - X.509 LDAP Authentication SSO Plugin

- I'm unsure of what this is referencing

I know where the files are for 1 & 2.  However, with the 3rd Mgmt Console, I see that if I log into Content with the superuser, I can see the group that the LDAP configuration is loading inside Content, but I don't know what change would need to be made.   #4 with the Integration server, I don't see any references to LDAP in the .ini or other files.  We use Perceptive Connect Runtime, but I don't see a configuration for LDAP there either, it's just a local login, so I wouldn't think I'd see anything LDAP related.    Am I missing other areas?  Where else should I look for a configuration change of this kind?   Thank you in advance for any help or guidance.

Thanks!

Pam

7 REPLIES 7

BrandonCrespino
Employee
Employee

Hi @Pam Thomas - You have found all the places that I would point you to look. I would also recommend that you look at any scripting you have in place that might be calling out to the LDAP directory if you are using it for any of the script logic.

Related to #3 in your list, this is managed directly in Management Console when you specify a directory to use to import users. You specify the server, port, and credentials to use to connect and then are presented with the directory where you can specify usernames to import.

The last option or area is for Integration Server and specifically for customers that have built a plugin that leverages LDAP for an certain authentication use case. You can review the integrationserver.ini file and if you have com.imagenow.authentication.translator.x509ldap.X509LDAPAuthenticationTranslator in the sso.authenticator.class setting you would be using it. There would be a whole group of other settings that would be present related to this too. It is highly unlikely you would be using this and not know it.

Pam_Thomas
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Brandon Crespino , Thank you so much for the information and help!   

For #3, I have found the user group in the Console logging in as the content admin account under Groups, but there's no option for configuration, it's just a user group with many users, so I'm not sure how to change or update any settings.  Is there an admin guide that has information about the settings or what you've described?  I have gone through all of the admin guides from our version and I don't see anything relating to LDAP in the Management Console, so I must be missing something.

36071fff503849f4925f62c113563cdf

For #4, our SSO is not enabled in the integrationserver.ini file, so that point is taken care of. 

I think the only thing I may be missing is the Console setting.  

Hi @Pam Thomas  - You will see the Management Console settings when you select Import from the Users area of the Cross Department Settings:

1df2010b72924cef881b44b404d7a57d

You have the choice of selecting where the users are imported from. This isn't actually a stored setting. It is a runtime setting that is entered when you select LDAP:

10df923c4abc4667b2123d28a66a03b1

You have to enter this information in with each import and it is not stored anywhere that would require updating.

Pam_Thomas
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thank you, again, @Brandon Crespino

I do not remember this setting, so I want to ensure I understand your explanation.  You say it's not a "stored" setting so I can't update a connection setting, per se. However, are you saying I'm still required to go into Users > Import > LDAP and set all of the information up to get the group from LDAP that we configure?  We don't have any users listed in our configuration, only groups like I showed in my screenshot.   Looking at your screenshot, I see users listed.  I've logged in as our content admin, another admin account we use for setting up scanner profiles, and myself as an Admin, and none of the Departments listed have Users in them; Cross Dept, Default, nor our main Intelligent Capture for Transcripts dept.  Maybe we didn't use LDAP in the same manner when we implemented Perceptive at the time?  Maybe I will need to follow up with support on this part?

Thanks again !

Pam