cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Transcripts into system through a sweep account

Mark_DeMateo
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am beginning to import thousands of transcripts into Perceptive. The transcripts are named by their student id#. Is there a way to have this name be picked up and inserted into the doc properties to help with linking? Otherwise, this adds a step and will slow down the process quite a bit.

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Ted_Kraje
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Yes.  Your capture profile contains an application plan on the "Profile" tab.  Inside the application plan, the Elements tab can be used to parse the filename into one or more Dictionary fields, and those Dictionary fields can be placed in one or more properties in the Map tab.

View answer in original post

Nathan_Wust
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

If all of the transcripts are named their student ID and if you have the ability to query a database that has your student information in it you may be able to use a different approach. We do have access to a DB with student info so I have created an I script that pulls the files in, breaks the file name away from the file path. Then using a Database lookup I then populate the KF's with Name, DOB, and EmailID. We do this with all of our student bills that are sent out and can run several thousand an hour into the system with this method.

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ted_Kraje
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Yes.  Your capture profile contains an application plan on the "Profile" tab.  Inside the application plan, the Elements tab can be used to parse the filename into one or more Dictionary fields, and those Dictionary fields can be placed in one or more properties in the Map tab.

Nathan_Wust
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

If all of the transcripts are named their student ID and if you have the ability to query a database that has your student information in it you may be able to use a different approach. We do have access to a DB with student info so I have created an I script that pulls the files in, breaks the file name away from the file path. Then using a Database lookup I then populate the KF's with Name, DOB, and EmailID. We do this with all of our student bills that are sent out and can run several thousand an hour into the system with this method.

Our ID's are stored in Colleague which we link our doc's with. Is that workable?

Timothy_Wager
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We have a very similar situation with a vendor that who creates for us 200 +/- invoices a day. Instead of pushing them thru intelligent capture, our AP group is able to load them in to our AP application w/ a spreadsheet and download the pdfs from their web site. We would like to get the images in to Image Now so that they can be retrieved w/ an inbedded button on the invoice screen.

The invoice number is part of each files file name. I've played around trying to create a capture profile with a VB script that will pull in the file name and trim off the unwanted characters and put it in the invoice index field, but gave up out of frustration.

Open to any hints you can offer on putting file name in an index field

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.