cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to append a sticky note for export through the output agent

Blake_Graves
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I’m at an impasse in being able to export sticky notes associated with a document. A sticky note will export manually if, from the export dialog box, ‘Options’ is selected, and the Sticky note contents box is checked. This creates a new page in the document with the sticky note and associated information (drawer name, document keys, document type, document page number that the sticky note is on). I need to do this from iScript as there is a large number of files that need to be exported. I’ve been able to retrieve multiple sticky notes associated with a document, but I’m not able to figure out how to create a new page with the sticky note information and append it to the document. The export is being done through the output agent. Does anyone know of any methods in the STL libraries that will do this, or maybe you’ve done it yourself already?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Blake_Graves
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Casey, the INDocument documentation helped. I'm using the iScript method and had an array named gOutputObj where one of the settings was gOutputObj ["settings.layout.annotations.show"]="TRUE". This was handling annotations. What I found in the INDocument  documentation was a setting for sticky notes in the submitToFaxServer section. What is working is gOutputObj ["settings.layout.outputStickyNotes"]="1". The array is passed to submitToPrintServer (ex: if (!wfDoc.submitToPrintServer(gOutputObj)).....)

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Casey_Callahan
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

@Blake Graves - Do you have your inserverOutput.ini file set as layout.annotations.show=true? It should be in the [Layout] section. If not then set and restart the service.

iScript can also override this when you are setting up the settings before calling INDocument method submitToPrintServer(). More info on that call here. If your following the example in the doc then you'd set it using outputObj["settings.annotations.show"] = "true"; with the other parameters you are setting.

Blake_Graves
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Casey, the INDocument documentation helped. I'm using the iScript method and had an array named gOutputObj where one of the settings was gOutputObj ["settings.layout.annotations.show"]="TRUE". This was handling annotations. What I found in the INDocument  documentation was a setting for sticky notes in the submitToFaxServer section. What is working is gOutputObj ["settings.layout.outputStickyNotes"]="1". The array is passed to submitToPrintServer (ex: if (!wfDoc.submitToPrintServer(gOutputObj)).....)