Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Agent Configuration Error

Whitney_Yenner
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Greetings All,

I have essentially copy/pasted configurations from a previous Email Agent configuration (which is still active and working properly), and made an update to the server.incoming.username as our clients have requested testing another email for their needs. Unfortunately, Email Agent does not like this change. Please see the error logs below:

2024-04-11 00:03:47 (accounting2@uncw.edu) [c.p.e.Worker] ERROR - An error occurred while communicating with the email server (https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx).
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.Exception: Server returned error in RSTR - ErrorCode: FailedAuthentication : FaultMessage: Authentication Failure
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:357)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:1908)
at com.perceptivesoftware.emailagent.message.ews.RopcOAuthUtil.getAccessToken(RopcOAuthUtil.java:27)
at com.perceptivesoftware.emailagent.message.ews.EWSAuthUtil.GetRopcAccessToken(EWSAuthUtil.java:87)
at com.perceptivesoftware.emailagent.message.ews.EWSAuthUtil.addRopcOAuth(EWSAuthUtil.java:77)
at com.perceptivesoftware.emailagent.message.ews.EWSAuthUtil.addAuth(EWSAuthUtil.java:45)
at com.perceptivesoftware.emailagent.message.ews.EWSInboundMailService.connect(EWSInboundMailService.java:110)
at com.perceptivesoftware.emailagent.Worker.getMailUnsynchronized(Worker.java:185)
at com.perceptivesoftware.emailagent.Worker.run(Worker.java:100)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Server returned error in RSTR - ErrorCode: FailedAuthentication : FaultMessage: Authentication Failure
at com.microsoft.aad.msal4j.WSTrustResponse.parse(WSTrustResponse.java:88)
at com.microsoft.aad.msal4j.WSTrustRequest.execute(WSTrustRequest.java:48)
at com.microsoft.aad.msal4j.WSTrustRequest.execute(WSTrustRequest.java:70)
at com.microsoft.aad.msal4j.AcquireTokenByAuthorizationGrantSupplier.processPasswordGrant(AcquireTokenByAuthorizationGrantSupplier.java:76)
at com.microsoft.aad.msal4j.AcquireTokenByAuthorizationGrantSupplier.execute(AcquireTokenByAuthorizationGrantSupplier.java:33)
at com.microsoft.aad.msal4j.AuthenticationResultSupplier.get(AuthenticationResultSupplier.java:59)
at com.microsoft.aad.msal4j.AuthenticationResultSupplier.get(AuthenticationResultSupplier.java:17)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1604)
... 1 common frames omitted

server.incoming.password, server.incoming.clientid and server.incoming.tenantid are all the same for our agents as we have shifted away from having the passwords added in the .ini file. This error is showing up after I restarted the agent. Is there another step that I've missed?

Any advice would be appreciated as I am still learning how to navigate all of the agents within Perceptive. Thanks!

Whitney Yenner

2 REPLIES 2

Corrie_Kantowsk
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I just encountered the same error. We had to go back to the department that set up the email account. They made some corrections to the setup, but I do not know what those changes were. After that, the errors were gone.

BrandonCrespino
Employee
Employee

Hi @Whitney Yenner - If this was for a new user/inbox you will need to update some additional settings and get updated credentials. The Email Agent install guide will list the steps needed to provide authentication for that user.