Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WV REST API - Association Class object creation not working

Tim_van_der_Poe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi All,

We've allready logged a ticket with Hyland support over a month ago and still don't have any answers as someone left our tickets on the side. Currently it's picked up again fortunately but maybe someone else allready had this issue fixed. 

When creating a new object via the POST Class Objects in a normal class this works great. However if we need to create an object in an association class we can't do this. There is no mention in the documentation of which classes are supported and also no mention on what to add there. So maybe someone else has done this allready. This needs to be there for creating new users in our Contract Management solution from Hyland. It's a security attribute table which needs to be populated. 

What works is creating an empty line in the class with no values (seen on database level). However adding attributes based on normal values or keys doesn't work at all. So now we can create empty rows and then manually add values in the database but this also isn't supported. So maybe someone knows how this works. 

Best Regards, Tim

10 REPLIES 10

Yeah, it appears to be broken. I get the same message if I use object id's or keys.

80e8b6ad6cc747b0b896ca1cfe9a9a40

Further, I tried creating the associated object blank, and then update it, but I got the same on PATCH:

560c13566a1a4495af16a3b3af837efb

I even set the Associated class to allow direct creation from any user. (and then recycled all app pools.)

If it's not a bug, there's a very specific undocumented process.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm on EP5 (21.1.18) having this exact issue. Working on this with support as well.

Jacob_Dahlke6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Tim van der Poel any update on this? I've been considering logging it as an issue as well once you get an SCR #?

Unfortunately not @Jacob Dahlke it remains quite quiet. I really get the feeling it's no priority for Hyland at all. 

My support case is 01664901

Hi @Jacob Dahlke we've fixed the issue with Hyland. They reproduced it and it seems it's a 2 step process in my end.

1. The class/fields where used in a form so the users gained access to it through the form. This means when directly setting values on the class I didn't have the correct rights. In order to fix this we needed to add a custom filter to the class and assign it rights via the Module Associations.

e2ffe57dda724e5e8b5660332b7fe21e

2. The message you then send in the API should use the numeric values and not the keys. This seems to be an issue on atleast EP5. They will support both in the later releases though.

16d94a161118493eac5107c1711221fb

Hope this helps you.