cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic rules of running DBUtils

Not applicable

Hello,

I am working using the 'Test System Creation Utility' in OB 18.

I know I need to run DBUtils on an empty database using the 'Create Database Steps' . I am also assuming I will need an sa account to run DBUtil, which is similar to running the DBToolKit application.

Is there anything else that will be needed for the DB prep? Also is there any type of basic walkthrough on using DBUtils?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

I feel like taking a read through the DB reference guide is highly recommended: https://community.hyland.com/gallery/items/66647-database-reference-guide-onbase-18-module-reference...

It has some excellent guidance on the requirements surrounding the SA account. I also think the sections on designing storage for your database are helpful. There are also documented server and database settings to take into account (EX: Auto Update Statistics and Max Degree of Parallelism).

Is your Test/Dev system going to be used temporarily (EX: 1 week) or long term (6mo-1yr)? If longer term, you need to make sure the recommended database maintenance is configured and completed.

DBUtils is pretty strait forward. It should take about 2-3 mins to finish all the queries.

• Run the exe as an administrator (use the Database Steps Tab)
  • ·        Create Users

·        Create All Tables

·        Grant Rights to Tables

·        Create All Indexes

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

I feel like taking a read through the DB reference guide is highly recommended: https://community.hyland.com/gallery/items/66647-database-reference-guide-onbase-18-module-reference...

It has some excellent guidance on the requirements surrounding the SA account. I also think the sections on designing storage for your database are helpful. There are also documented server and database settings to take into account (EX: Auto Update Statistics and Max Degree of Parallelism).

Is your Test/Dev system going to be used temporarily (EX: 1 week) or long term (6mo-1yr)? If longer term, you need to make sure the recommended database maintenance is configured and completed.

DBUtils is pretty strait forward. It should take about 2-3 mins to finish all the queries.

• Run the exe as an administrator (use the Database Steps Tab)
  • ·        Create Users

·        Create All Tables

·        Grant Rights to Tables

·        Create All Indexes

Thanks for the recommendations I will read through this and get started!

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

James,

Since you are doing this in test for a completely new test environment I wouldn't over think it too much.  If the test DB doesn't come out like you want, just have the dba flatten it (empty it) and then try again.   That's why you test...  

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.