Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Notify, Image Document and Notes

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello~

One of my users made me aware of something interesting today.  It seems that a workflow action "Notify - Send Notification with This Document" that is being run on an Image document is including the Notes that users add to the document.

I did not expect this.  Does anyone know how to turn this off?  In many cases we would not want e-mail attachments to include the notes that our user base enters on the documents.  In some cases, we actually do want that.

Thanks,
Seth

6 REPLIES 6

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Seth,

With the introduction of SCR 99724 Notes are added by default if they are available and added to the document when sending out workflow notifications. There is currently an enhancement (SCR 120978) that has requested there be configurable options to change this and dictate whether or not the notes are included. This SCR is currently still open and has not been completed. I'd contact your first line of support to be added to this if you desire this functionality.

Hope this helps!

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks Justin,

When was that SCR implemented?

Cheers,
Seth

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Oh, and does it apply to all document types?  Or just image docs?

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

This was added in version 11.0. In reading the SCR it will add notes/overlays for text documents and notes for image documents. I am unsure as to what it would do for other file formats such as PDF's, OLE documents, etc.

Thanks,