cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will deleting values from a keyword data set impact any documents that have been indexed with the value(s) being removed?

Bob_Sellers
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a keyword data set that contains previous employee names and wanted to clean up the list in the data set. I ran through this scenario in DEV and didn't see where there was any impact.  The control is not a drop down therefore does not appear to impact searching either.

Anyone aware of any gotchas when doing this?

Thanks!

Bob

2 REPLIES 2

dave_sanderson
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Hi Bob,

I suppose it kind of depends..... What type of Keyword dataset is it and how was it originally populated? There are some processes that could be configured to update documents that have the primary value when the secondary values change. Since I understand you to want to remove the full record from the data set, you probably will be ok.

I would just make very sure you understand how the record for each employee is created, if there are maintenance actions/updates and that any workflow processes you have which do reverse look ups would not choke if a value was not found.

Kevin_Hughes
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Bob,

No, removing values from a keywords "Data Set" will not impact keyword values already stored on existing documents.

Caution: If using a Data Set and the option "Keyword Must Exist" is selected and updating other keyword values and not the Deleted Value it will not allow the keywords to be saved as the Data Set Value no longer exists in the Data Set.

Kevin