cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Task Took not getting enabled for one workflow but not the other in custom query?

Not applicable

Hello,

I have two queries from two different document types and workflows. Notice one of them shows the Task Tools in the ribbon and the other one does not. Where is the configuration set for the Task Tool to appear?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Not applicable

OK folks I found the issue. From the MRG I found this shown below.

If the Tasks tab is accessed from a Document Search Results list and the Document
Viewer pane is not displayed, it only contains system tasks.

That worked.

Thanks for all the help.

HB

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Is this queue a load balanced queue at all?

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

That portion of the MRG is available starting on page 1200 of the EP3 MRG, in the section "Performing Tasks and Accessing Related Items Outside of Workflow" so those are factors that will apply to the tasks tab in retrieval, custom queries, etc. 

Some of those points refer not only to configuration but will also rely on the content in the queue. Ex, "Tasks tab includes tasks from ownership queues only if the item is assigned to you or is unassigned." If one of those queues has items assigned to you or unassigned, and the other does not, even though they are otherwise configured the same at the queue level that could explain the difference. 

In the end though, if none of the available materials explain what you are seeing you may want to submit a ticket. 

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

If you look at your screen captures, you have different workflow lifecycle queues selected. My assumption is that on the queue that you have selected where the Tasks aren't showing up, you don't have any Ad Hoc tasks setup on that queue. I would verify that you do. And if you do have Ad Hoc actions setup, verify permissions on those actions and all.

None of the queues in all the workflows  are load balanced

Not applicable

Hi Ryan,

Yes I did mention that there are 2 different queues and workflows. Also, I do have adhoc tasks set up and the permissions are correct too.