cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Task Took not getting enabled for one workflow but not the other in custom query?

Not applicable

Hello,

I have two queries from two different document types and workflows. Notice one of them shows the Task Tools in the ribbon and the other one does not. Where is the configuration set for the Task Tool to appear?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Not applicable

OK folks I found the issue. From the MRG I found this shown below.

If the Tasks tab is accessed from a Document Search Results list and the Document
Viewer pane is not displayed, it only contains system tasks.

That worked.

Thanks for all the help.

HB

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

The first thing I'd check is exclusive viewing. For items in queues with exclusive viewing enabled, the tasks pane doesn't appear outside the queue (retrieval, custom query, opening documents from dashboards, etc.).

Hi Larissa,

Thanks for your response. However, I unchecked "Exclusive Viewing" and the task tool still does not appear. Also, the query which shows the task tool does not have "Exclusive Viewing"  checked for that queue either.

Regards,

Hormuzd

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

The Workflow MRG has a few other things you could check:

When working with the Tasks tab:

• A Workflow license is consumed for the duration of ad hoc task execution. It is released after the ad hoc task has executed for any Named or Workstation licenses, and after the standard minimum timeout has elapsed for a Concurrent license.
  • The Tasks tab includes tasks for auto-feed queues if you have the Override Auto-Feed right for the queue.
  • The Tasks tab includes tasks from load balancing queues only if the item is assigned to you.
  • The Tasks tab does not include tasks from Exclusive Document Viewing queues.
  • The Tasks tab includes tasks from ownership queues only if the item is assigned to you or is unassigned.
  • When multiple documents are selected from a Document Search Results list, only tasks that are common to all documents are displayed on the Tasks tab.
  • After executing a system task, if the system task modifies the item type, the system tasks available for execution are updated to display only the tasks available for the new item type.

Not applicable

Hi Larissa,

I checked and compared all the tabs between 2 different queues/workflow and they are identical. Also, just to re-iterate this issue is occurring only under Custom Query and not workflow. There must be something else which is missing.

Regards,

Hormuzd