cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What OnBase database table or tables would be utilized in a sql query to find all associated documents (itemnum in ITEMDATA?) that are included in a document bundle (or package)?

Randy_Burkhart
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

OnBase Experts,

What OnBase database table or tables would be utilized in a sql query to find all associated documents (itemnum in ITEMDATA?) that are included in a document bundle (or package - not the number of pages in a bundle but the actual number of different itemnums that make up the document bundle)? I have received a copy of the Database Reporting Guide, however, I have not been able to find this information. What table would the bundle number (or ID) be stored? Is this accomplished by grouping like documents by keyword? I am not seeking a completed query but a skeleton of what tables to be utilized in the joins and the relationships between them.

I have been tasked with creating a sql report that displays the number of bundles processed (and the number and details of the individual bundle documents processed) per user for a given date range. I have been able to craft an appropriate query for the number of bundles and associated documents, but I have been unable to produce the appropriate query for the drill down of the actual document details contained within each bundle.

This is my first assignment working with the OnBase database schema, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Christian_Jones
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Randy,

Each document brought into OnBase is assigned a unique identifier, the document handle. A document is indexed under a Document Type (which belongs to a Document Type Group) and associated Keyword Type values.

What do you mean by bundle? Are you referring to documents being ingested into OnBase by DIP, COLD, Scanning, or Import process(es)?

In regards to Scanning, documents are scanned in batches. A batch contains 1 or more documents and includes a sys verification report.

When you say bundle? Do you mean batches?

The OnBase Thick Client offers a lot of canned reports via the Transaction Logs. Simply go to the OnBase Thick Client, go to Admin | Transaction Logs | Create Report. There you have several different transaction logs to choose from with various actions. You may click the "Show Details" checkbox to display even more actions to choose from.

For example, you could select "Processing" then 'Created Batch' by User Name or User Group with a date range.

Otherwise, I would recommend contacting your FLOS for assistance in getting you familiar with OnBase terminology.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Christian_Jones
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Randy,

Each document brought into OnBase is assigned a unique identifier, the document handle. A document is indexed under a Document Type (which belongs to a Document Type Group) and associated Keyword Type values.

What do you mean by bundle? Are you referring to documents being ingested into OnBase by DIP, COLD, Scanning, or Import process(es)?

In regards to Scanning, documents are scanned in batches. A batch contains 1 or more documents and includes a sys verification report.

When you say bundle? Do you mean batches?

The OnBase Thick Client offers a lot of canned reports via the Transaction Logs. Simply go to the OnBase Thick Client, go to Admin | Transaction Logs | Create Report. There you have several different transaction logs to choose from with various actions. You may click the "Show Details" checkbox to display even more actions to choose from.

For example, you could select "Processing" then 'Created Batch' by User Name or User Group with a date range.

Otherwise, I would recommend contacting your FLOS for assistance in getting you familiar with OnBase terminology.

Christian - Thank you for your help.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.