Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading Datasets and Custom Query

Jason_Noble
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi all,

I am not to use my Cascading Datasets via a standard Custom Query search.  Is this expected?

Thanks,

JNoble

11 REPLIES 11

Dan_Travers
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

That is correct, Cascading Data Sets are not supported for use with Custom Queries. The full list of modules and functionality that do not support Cascading Data Sets can be found in the "Configuring Cascading Data Sets" section of the System Administration MRG. The System Administration MRG can be found on the right side of the OnBase Configuration and System Administration Technical Community page:

https://www.hyland.com/community/technical_communities/onbase_installation_expertise/onbase_config_a...

Any ideas on how to duplicate similar functionality for Custom Queries?

Dan_Travers
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am not aware of a workaround that would provide this type of functionality in a Custom Query. SCR 97101 exists to request this functionality in a future release.

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

We're on v15sp2 and this still appears to still be the case.  Would someone from, Hyland please update this?  Note: custom queries are quite important to our clients, so this basically makes cascading datasets unusable for us.  This is equivalent to giving a client a computer with an I7 processor that has an 8088 bus.