cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best possible option/tool to generate configuration report for OnBase configuration and Studio (For all LifeCycle in single report).

Iftekhar_Naiyar
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi,

What is the best possible option/tool to generate configuration report for OnBase configuration and Studio (For all LifeCycle in single report).

In Studio "Configuration report" under LifeCycle tab is giving me config. report for each individual queue that seems tedius if I have to use it for configuration comparision with other environment.

Any help will be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Iftekhar,

Is the request to compare two different Lifecycles within Workflow? If so you can use the right click Compare To option within OnBase Studio which will allow you to compare two different Workflow Lifecycles within different repositories (e.g. Test and Production). Start by selecting one of the Lifelcycles and then use the right click | Compare To option to load the selection screen.

Once the comparison has been completed, a screen will display showing any differences between the two different Lifecycles.

Hope this helps.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Iftekhar,

Is the request to compare two different Lifecycles within Workflow? If so you can use the right click Compare To option within OnBase Studio which will allow you to compare two different Workflow Lifecycles within different repositories (e.g. Test and Production). Start by selecting one of the Lifelcycles and then use the right click | Compare To option to load the selection screen.

Once the comparison has been completed, a screen will display showing any differences between the two different Lifecycles.

Hope this helps.

What version did this become available in? I think I had heard it mentioned before but had never attempted to use it.

Is it under active development? In five minutes of playing around I came up with a list of pretty obvious simple improvements, or current impediments to using it. It kind of makes me think the whole feature got built and released without anyone spending much time trying to use it in practical situations. I would be very happy to write up fodder for SCRs, *if* there's any reasonable chance they would be implemented.

Hey Alex.

This feature was introduced in OnBase 14 and is still an active feature of OnBase Studio. If you have any recommendations on how to make the software better, I would recommend submitting them through your first line of support.

Best wishes!

Iftekhar_Naiyar
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thanks Adam for your response, I am working with six lower environments with same OnBase configuration and Life Cycles created in each environment and my requirement was to compare each workflow life cycle of one environment with other including OnBase configuration s like, Disk group, Folder, Doc Type, HL7 config., EIS config etc. However, I was able to compare my LifeCycle by exporting configuration file of each LC and compared using notepadd++, I know This was tedious and time consuming but I was left only option with.

I could also use "compare" LC option as you suggested but for this I had to configure all data source (ODBC system DSN) in each env to be able to connect all repositories from each env.s.

I am still looks for an easy way to compare my OnBase configuration items.