cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client not displaying last few pages of documents

A_Robertson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi, Web client users are finding that when they search for a statement/report they are not receiving the full document.

What I've noticed is that a 3 page report may only display the first page of the report or a 3000 page document may be missing the last 2 to 3 pages.  When I do the same search using OnBase Thick Client all pages are viewable. It doesn't seem to matter how many pages are in the document it seems that the last 2 to 3 pages are missing only in the Web Client. 

This has been tested on a number of different types of documents and doesn't seem to happen to all documents, but is happening to a majority of them.

I'm using COLD to bring in the documents but have found documents that were brought in as far back as 2000 have also got the same issues.

Using OnBase 13, IE9 and IE10, Web Client using ActiveX

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew_Johnson2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This situation sounds like it would be best served by contacting your first line of support.  They should be able to look into your specific data and configuration to determine what is going on.  The Web Client should be displaying the same data as the Thick Client.

Nathan_Rafaiani
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Andrew.

Since you are using COLD to bring these documents in can I assume that every document exhibiting the issue is a text file?  The first thing I would look at is the page count for these documents.  The Web Client must rely completely on the page count stored on the document properties.  This page count, along with the "lines per page" setting on the document type, helps to determine how much of the text file is displayed. 

Daniel_Hougland
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Andrew,

I run into this all of the time.  It has consistently been a problem of soft page line count overflow.  If you go to the last page of the report in the thick client and click on the last page, you should note that the two page counts in the bottom right corner of the window do not match.  If they do match and this report is missing end pages in the web client, you have a different problem.  If they don't, hopefully on a short report, go back to the top and use CTRL-PageDown to blip through the report.  If you don't see a blue line marking the page break, go to User Options | Document tab | Display Options and clear the "Hide Page Markers" check box, Save and try again.  It will position the screen to the top of each new page.  You are looking for an unexpected very short page.  This usually occurs when there are totals or subtotals added to the bottom of a nearly full page and the Maximun Line count has not been respected.  In Configuration | Document Types | View / Print (button), there is a value for Lines per page.  Your report has exceeded this value and generated a soft page break.  If the "overflows" are small, you may be able to just increase this value, Apply, close out of Config and the thick client.  Open the thick client again and check to see if you have handled all of the page counts.  If you can find consistent examples, you probably need the programming staff to clean up their logic.

I hope that helps!  I try to get multiple page examples of any new report to check for just these kind of problems.

Dan

A_Robertson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks for your responses,  it looks like there is no standard set with the reports I receive, as most vary in both width and length.  Originally when checking the page count when scrolling to the bottom it showed 3 of 3 but when I moved the mouse up it then showed 5 of 5(don't know why that was?).  After scrolling through the document I found that there were blue lines close together, and after adjusting the pages accordingly the problem was fixed.  It did involve an iisreset to update the web client once the changes were made.