cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client Issue After Version Upgrade

Garrett_Weber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have a web server in a DMZ that the web client has stopped working with since installing version 13.0.2.158.  Previously on version 13.0.1.120 there were no issues. Since running the server side installation version 13.0.2.158 won't load the client also my HTML forms that use LoginFormProc also dont work. I can copy the old directories into the wwwroot folder and everything works on 13.0.1.120.

Internal network is working fantastic on SP2 AppServer upgrade went fine, specific only to web server.

Error message displayed by the server when attempting to login is below. Any help would be greatly appreciated, need to be able to use newer version as Windows 8.1 and IE 11 are starting to be brought into the production environment.

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: Error reading configuration information from the registry.
Source Error:

Line 332:            </protocols>Line 333:        </webServices>Line 334: <identity impersonate="false" password="registry:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Hyland\AppNet\Identity\ASPNET_SETREG,password" userName="registry:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Hyland\AppNet\Identity\ASPNET_SETREG,userName" /></system.web> Line 335:    <system.web.extensions>Line 336:        <scripting>

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AppNet\web.config    Line: 334

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18446

7 REPLIES 7

Chris_Marvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Hi Garrett,It looks like there is an issue with the impersonation line of your web.config. I do not see the userName string in the excerpt you attached. This normally comes before the password string. Do you normally use identity impersonation for your Web Server? If not you can comment out the identity impersonation section of the web.config. If you do normally use impersonation you may need to replace the missing username string and change the value to true instead of false.

Garrett_Weber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

We do not use impersonation, i compared the web.config from the old version to the new on these lines and they are identical.

I will try commenting it out and see if that takes care of the issue.

Garrett_Weber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have commented it out, rearranged the Username before the Password none of that worked. I then started checking the registry for the keys that its looking for, it doesnt exist in the 32 bit registry but does in the 64 bit registry. I exported and put the whole Hyland Key down in the 32 bit registry it still isnt working.

Chris_Marvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Hi Garrett,I would recommend verifying what account is running the application pool. The error is indicating that the account running the pool is unable to read from the registry key. You may need to change this account or add read rights to the registry key for the account.