cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client 'Error Processing Request'

John_Thomsen
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

When trying to view documents in the web client I get an error saying 'Error Processing Request'.  The strange part is that if I click the query again without changing any key fields the document will appear.  The error message only appears on the first query of my web client session.  After that I can query all document types without errors.   I am using version 9.2.1.  I tried this on another PC and it gets the error too however other users are not having this problem.  A co worker is not having this problem so I am going to login to his PC and see if the problems occurs for me on his PC.  If so, that would indicate to me it is something tied to my ID and not a setting on my PC.

I found this problem working with another application that uses DOCPOP to display images.  I couldn't get the DOCPOP to work with a document.  I tried to view the document in the web client to verify my Onbase security and I got the 'Error Processing Request' message. 

Has anyone had this problem and what did you do about it?  Thanks in advance for your help.

John Thomsen, Boys Town, Nebraska

3 REPLIES 3

Niall_Evans
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are also getting this error message on select users.

Unfortuantely for our users, its not possible to retrive at all.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Kent_Kirchner
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Does the issue always occur with PDF format?

Not applicable

Hi all,

Has anyone found the root cause/solution for this?  We find that first thing in the morning, some users get a message "Error processing request" in the docpop browser window.  If they close the window, relaunch the document, they usually can see the document but occassionally have to close the browser window a second time and relaunch the document a third time and then they can see the document and any document after that for about half the day.  Some users then have to go through this gymnastics again in the afternoon, but it does not seem to apply to all.

This has started show up in Production after upgrading to 13.0.1 but cannot be reproduced in test.  So far I have more than five hours on the phone with Support, but still no solution.  Specifics are below:

- OnBase V 13.0.1.120 (core)

- two web services behind a Cisco ACE load balancer set to Round Robin, 480 minute sticky sessions

- Web server settings are set to the listings in web server admin guide

thanks!