Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client auto logon after OnBase version 21.1.4 upgrade

Albert_Okoth
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Issue:

We upgraded our Onbase Pre-prod environment from 18.0.0.29 to version 21.1.14 and are not able to get the web client to auto login.  

Troubleshooting steps:

• We configured the OnBase Configuration (Utils > Directory Service Authentication > Source of Security Information ) To 'Active Directory - Enhanced'
  • In the (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config) we tried to set the "EnableAutoLogin" to true as well as "forceSSOAutoLoginOverDomain"
  • Matched Active directory Users/Groups  to Onbase pare the Authentication_FEP5 MBR document however we are still being prompted to logon when launching the web client.

Has anyone run into anything similar and are their any thoughts on what we could be missing?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Albert_Okoth
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thank you @Scott Johnson and @Henry Boardman for reaching out.  Both of you were right. I had to read the white paper multiple times and I still missed it. As I read through the White paper I found a section called Standard, Interactive and Non-Interactive Authentication. In that section and several other section that talked about multiple logon configurations, the first step was '1. Configure the Web Server and associated virtual directory for autologon (see Appendix A).'  Followed by steps to setup the other types of logons.  I went to Appendix A and setup the Directories and Web.configs per suggestions however to no avail.

We requested a solution Consultant who pointed out page 47 - 49 of the White paper document labeled 'Front-facing Web Applications on the Same Machine as the Application Server' . Our web and App server are indeed on the same server for pre-prod.  Once she went through the steps, I was able to log on Non-Interactively

Thank you again for helping point me to the right direction and I hope someone else finds this useful.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi @Albert Okoth 

In build 18.0.1.67 Hyland entirely changed what you have to do to use non-interactive AD login in the web and other clients.  The new process is only document in the white not the MRG where it belongs: https://community.hyland.com/gallery/items/50913-network-security-white-paper

That said the white is missing a few minor details in the setup process so be prepared.  You should plan on reading the relevant sections several times  before beginning the process.  If your web server is not on the same machine as you app server, you will need the help of your domain admin to complete some of the steps.

Good Luck

Scott

Hi @Scott Johnson 

Thank you for the quick response!  and for  pointing me towards the right direction. 

I will review the white papers and update on how things go.

Henry_Boardman2
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

@Scott Johnson is correct, and also generous. That white paper does have some valuable information but when he says read through it a couple of times, that's for real. We just finished our upgrade from 17 to EP5 and for both Test and Prod we needed help from Hyland support to get the web server working the way we wanted. And if I had to tell you now exactly which settings were essential and which were superfluous, I could not.

I hope I never have to go through this frustrating exercise again.

Albert_Okoth
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thank you @Scott Johnson and @Henry Boardman for reaching out.  Both of you were right. I had to read the white paper multiple times and I still missed it. As I read through the White paper I found a section called Standard, Interactive and Non-Interactive Authentication. In that section and several other section that talked about multiple logon configurations, the first step was '1. Configure the Web Server and associated virtual directory for autologon (see Appendix A).'  Followed by steps to setup the other types of logons.  I went to Appendix A and setup the Directories and Web.configs per suggestions however to no avail.

We requested a solution Consultant who pointed out page 47 - 49 of the White paper document labeled 'Front-facing Web Applications on the Same Machine as the Application Server' . Our web and App server are indeed on the same server for pre-prod.  Once she went through the steps, I was able to log on Non-Interactively

Thank you again for helping point me to the right direction and I hope someone else finds this useful.