cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are interested in understanding how other organizations monitor their OnBase Web and Application Pools?

Shannon_Devine
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We had an issue where one of 3 of our Web Servers was not active.  A monitoring system would have alerted us to this item to allow appropriate routing and early resolution.  We are interested in understanding how other organizations monitor their OnBase Web and Application Pools?

3 REPLIES 3

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

We use ActiveXperts to monitor my application and web servers along with various Hyland services.  It provides notices on success and failure plus can trigger restart scripts.  Those scripts have been essential in keeping our distribution service up since we "upgraded" to 17.  That service dies a polite death 5 to 7 times a day when our smtp server is not quick enough to respond. 

Thanks Scott, I didn't realize that the v17 distribution service was so finicky. Definitely an important detail...

Have you tried the new (since 2008 R2) -qfailureflag option on sc.exe? I believe it allows Windows to detect service failure, even if service doesn't stop. I've just started testing, so I can't give definite details, but it might help.