cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewer options using Unity API

John_Lawhead
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

If a customer desires a tight integration with an external application which warrants use of the Unity API, what all options exist for displaying the search results and documents?  I know that the code can control this (i.e. streaming the doc(s) as a PDF to the local viewer, embedding the documents results in the external application) but are they are also ways to code the integration to retrieve hitlists/documents in an OnBase viewer (i.e. the Unity viewer, the thick client viewer, DocPop/FolderPop, etc.)?  If the customer wanted to retrieve the documents specifically in a Unity viewer would that in turn require licensing the Unity Client Server or does the Unity Integration Toolkit provide this in an "limited fashion" (akin to Outlook Integration for example)?

Thanks, 

John 

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_Russ
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello John

You can use the activeX controls for displaying documents within another application as well as displaying the hit list.  Within the current API SDK there is a section called controls which shows the steps on how to use the activeX viewer as well as the document select list.  Also with the ActiveX controls you have access to all of the right click ability you would have within Onbase and you can turn off specific abilitys if you desire.  There is no additional license for using the activeX controls.

Robert,

That sounds like a good question to add to the API Certification Exam. Wink

Lance

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Lance

The exam is too long as it is!!!

Scott