cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient Rights

Eric_Banks1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I installed OnBase Client on a terminal server. When I go to access the client on one of the users profile I get an error saying the following:
Insufficient Rights [8063]

In order to perform the necessary updates to the system, either an Administrator or a Power User must be logged in to your workstation.

Please contact your system administrator for assistance.

These users are normal users and dont have alot of permissions. What does it mean by "In order to perform the necessar updates to the system"? Is this refering to version or database updates or client updates?

2 REPLIES 2

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have seen this before, in my case the client was needed to update and create registry keys.  The fix was to launch the OnBase client as a user with Admin rights at least once before any users would login.

Amanda_Hrudka
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello EBanks,

Thank you for posing on the Community Forum!

The error stated above usually indicates that the user leveraging OnBase does not have Read/Write permissions to the Hyland Registry Key: HKey_Local_Machine| Software| Hyland and is most often seen when UAC is set to High, or as we refer to it "turned on".

You can usually prevent this error from occurring by verified that UAC is set to low ("turned off") and users have Read/Write  permissions provided to them, or you can have the Manager account or it's equivalent log into the Thick Client (as long as the user logging in with the account also logs on to the computer and has more rights than the user that is currently logged on).

If making these changes does not resolve this issue I would recommend contacting your first line of support to bring a fast resolution to this issue.

Thank you,

-Amanda