cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Historical Logs of diagnostic console

dupadhyay
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

is it possible to view historical logs that were logged to diagnostic console  via APIs or workflows? Are they stored in a SQL table or is there an API to access them? It is very time consuming to debug a real time integration issue unless the scenario is reproduced to view logs which is sometimes not possible in production environment without end user approvals.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

The Diagnostics Server and Console MRG does have a section for configuring third party logging such as SPLUNK and/or ELK.  Below is a link to the EP3 MRG.

Diagnostics Service and Diagnostics Console

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jay_Hatch
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I'm not sure what is available in Foundation, but in OnBase 18, you can configure diagnostics to log to a file.  There are various configurations that allow you to specify the log file location, diagnostic items, maximum file size etc... I believe the MRG where you would find this configuration information is in the Diagnostics Service and Diagnostics
Console MRG starting on page 52???

Hope that helps ... 

Andy_Barker
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I can't remember which EP it started in (EP2 perhaps?), but Foundation has the ability to create custom Diagnostics routes which can be used to push logs to a REST endpoint. That way, if you have a 3rd party log monitoring app, you can view all of them there instead. We'll be trying to set this up for ourselves in the next couple of months.

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

The Diagnostics Server and Console MRG does have a section for configuring third party logging such as SPLUNK and/or ELK.  Below is a link to the EP3 MRG.

Diagnostics Service and Diagnostics Console

Is there any option for centralized logging via Splunk in V18?