Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DocPop query - clientType=HTML still making calls to ActiveX

Sterling_Hallfo
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

I have a URL for a docpop query set up as follows:

http://obappstg/AppNetHTML/docpop/docpop.aspx?clienttype=HTML&doctypegroupid=108

Even with clienttype=HTML, the browser is still asking to download ActiveX controls (in Firefox ESR 24.0 and IE). Furthermore, it tries to load ActiveX when in the document viewer with Internet Explorer once logged in to OnBase. Is there something I am missing, or does the client in Internet Explorer attempt to load ActiveX regardless? In the documentation for DocPop, it says the following:

clienttype - "Specifies whether DocPop displays results in the ActiveX Web Client or HTML Web Client. Valid values are ActiveX and HTML"

The functionality I am seeing does not necessarily adhere to this description. This makes it seem that Internet Explorer would be able to load either type. Anything else I should be considering?

Thanks,

Sterling

4 REPLIES 4

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

Hi Sterling,

Thank you for posting on the OnBase Community.

As long as the clienttype in the URL is valid, you actually shouldn’t have to change the WebClientType or HTMLOnlyMode settings.

Sterling_Hallfo
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

This is actually already the case. Is there a key that would control hitting the Web Client (even if it is HTMLOnly) prompts to download the ActiveX files (in IE). It still acts the same way.

Goran_Vujasin
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Sterling,

Can you please confirm whether the WebClientType is set to HTML or ActiveX?

If the value is currently set to activex please update this to html and confirm whether the issue persists. This value can be modified within the OnBase Web Application Management Console or directly from within the AppNet web.config file.

Modifying the WebClientType setting is not necessary if the clienttype is defined within the URL query string but this can be used as a troubleshooting step when attempting to determine the root cause of the issue.

If you're prompted for ActiveX controls with a web client type of html specified I'd suggest reaching out to your first line of support for additional assistance.

Thanks,

Goran

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

I would agree with Goran.

I just tested with the 'clienttype=html' in my URL and with HTMLOnlyMode set to 'standard' in the Web Server web.config file, the ActiveX controls were not downloaded, however with it set to the default of 'enhanced' the ActiveX controls were downloaded as expected.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.