cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users receiving the Ole Viewer Information error - "No viewer can be created for this file type, at this time".

D_Aunn_Bednarz
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have Users (including myself) that cannot open documents in OnBase with a .DOC file type extension.  We are receiving the Ole Viewer Information error - "No viewer can be created for this file type, at this time."  I am able to open the document in Windows Explorer (opens with Microsoft Word).  The document type is configured with a the default file format for "Image file format".  I have Microsoft Word 2010 on my Workstation.  Since some of the Users can open the documents, I am assuming that the problem is due to work stations having different versions of Microsoft Word.  What can I do to fix this problem?

15 REPLIES 15

Tim_Johnson1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi D'Aunn,

We had some issues that were workstation specific.  I "Repaired" the Office Installation in the Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs.  This might be worth a try.

D_Aunn_Bednarz
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I changed the MIME type to application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document

I still receive the same error message, so I changed it back.

D_Aunn_Bednarz
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I don't have the option to Repair, just uninstall/change.

Tim_Johnson1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

After selecting Change then you get a screen with the options to Add or Remove Features, Repair and Remove

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

D'Aunn,

If these suggestions did not resolve the issue I would recommend contacting your first line of support to further troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,