cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UnityAPIException - error occurred within the Unity API

Yi-Huey_Li
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am working on a proof of concept project to integrate my Java application to OnBase through Unity API. I called connect with OnBaseAuthenticationProperties as below. I catch licence and authentication exceptions but got UnityAPIException. The error message just states "An error occurred within Unity API" without any detail. Since I do not have source code for the jar files, I am not able to step into the code.

Any suggestion of possible issues would be appreciated. 

Application app = null;

AuthenticationProperties authProps = Application.CreateOnBaseAuthenticationProperties(appServerURL, username, password, dataSource);
  authProps.setLicenseType(LicenseType.Default);

try
  { 
   app = Application.Connect(authProps);
  }
  catch{

}

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi, Yi-Huey!

One thing you might do is check your license table and workstation licenses to see if your machine is actually licensed correctly and has rights to the API. Specifically you'll want to verify that you have one or more active license for at least one of the following:

• Client Query API (Retrievals Per Hour)
  • Core Query API (Retrievals Per Hour)
  • Enterprise Core API

Best,

Adam Kuhn, API Analyst
OCAPI | OCWE | OCWA | OCASA | OCI
Hyland Software – creator of OnBase
+1 (440) 788-5000
Hyland.com | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

OnBase Application Server for version 18 will default to 64bit.
Are your Unity scripts safely referencing 64bit DLLs? Click here for more detail.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yi-Huey_Li
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I found the problem. I am running non windows environment and the Application server I was targeting has not set up to accept anonymous authentication and only accept windows authentication. After the setting has been changed, I am able to make the connection. Only now I am getting error for all available licenses have been consumed.

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi, Yi-Huey!

One thing you might do is check your license table and workstation licenses to see if your machine is actually licensed correctly and has rights to the API. Specifically you'll want to verify that you have one or more active license for at least one of the following:

• Client Query API (Retrievals Per Hour)
  • Core Query API (Retrievals Per Hour)
  • Enterprise Core API

Best,

Adam Kuhn, API Analyst
OCAPI | OCWE | OCWA | OCASA | OCI
Hyland Software – creator of OnBase
+1 (440) 788-5000
Hyland.com | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

OnBase Application Server for version 18 will default to 64bit.
Are your Unity scripts safely referencing 64bit DLLs? Click here for more detail.