Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Script: Create Document from Document Template

Mirco_Novello
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello everyone

I would like to know if it is possible to create and import a document from a template using the Unity API respectively a Unity script. Neither in the community nor in the API documentation I found anything. Therefore the question, if this is possible in general?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ashish_Srivasta
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

@Mirco Novello - If you're talking about creating the document using a word template, I've done that using workflow action and workflow is called upon submission of unity form. You need to have Documentum Composition module license.

Is there a reason you want to do it via Unity Script only?

Kind Regards, 

Ashish Srivastava 

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Use Compose Document action. We're using it in OnBase Studio and it worked for OnBase 18 Sp1 and OnBase EP5 Web Clients. Also document template allows to setup placeholders, these placeholders can be auto populated with values we collected during Unity form submission if you map those values with keywords. 

It seems the only issue is that the module is not licensed for your organization. We do not use Unity Clients for business users at our organization.

Kind Regards,

Ashish Srivastava

@Ashish S - Thank you Ashish!

For the moment I'll try to just run Unity Script archiving the MS Word Document as the needed document type. If that solution is still working as requested by the customer we are good. Otherwise I will suggest them to license Document Composition module as you recommended.

Kind Regards,

Mirco Novello

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.