Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Script: Create Document from Document Template

Mirco_Novello
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello everyone

I would like to know if it is possible to create and import a document from a template using the Unity API respectively a Unity script. Neither in the community nor in the API documentation I found anything. Therefore the question, if this is possible in general?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ashish_Srivasta
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

@Mirco Novello - If you're talking about creating the document using a word template, I've done that using workflow action and workflow is called upon submission of unity form. You need to have Documentum Composition module license.

Is there a reason you want to do it via Unity Script only?

Kind Regards, 

Ashish Srivastava 

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Mirco Novello ,

Can you provide a bit more context?  What do you mean by importing document from a template?  There is no template for importing documents as they are imported base on document type and keywords.  What type of template are you referring to?

@Daniel Quill ,

I am refering to 'Document Templates' that can be imported into OnBase as SYS Document Template and upon Template Configuration to be assigned it to a specific Document Type (in my case BKB Checkliste Font).

81be4860d24943bcb8b6e3f7646d08dc

I need to know if it is possible to automatically create Template # 106 within a unity script since the workflow action 'create document from document template' is only available in the Unity Client (for user interaction)

BR Mirco

Ashish_Srivasta
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

@Mirco Novello - If you're talking about creating the document using a word template, I've done that using workflow action and workflow is called upon submission of unity form. You need to have Documentum Composition module license.

Is there a reason you want to do it via Unity Script only?

Kind Regards, 

Ashish Srivastava 

@Ashish S  - Thank you for your input. The reason why I want if to automatically create it in a System Task running a Unity Script is because the workflow action 'Create a Document  from Document Template' only is only available for use in the Unity Client. Furthermore Document Composition module is not licensed for this customer.

The document template that is used is just a word document checklist, so no dynamic template that's populated with variables as in document composition.

BR Mirco

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.