cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity form doesn't reflect workflow keyword update

Eric_Simpson1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have a Unity form with a single occurrence loose keyword backed field that is updated as the form moves through workflow.  If a custom action changes the value or the user enters a value on the form and Submits the form, the keyword is updated.  If workflow updates the keyword the keyword value is changed but the form retains the old value.  Is there a way to update the form when workflow changes the keyword value?

I tried adding a Refresh Display command, no change. 

I tried setting the value in a property, then copying it to the keyword and the form.  I was able to copy the property to the keyword (verified by viewing keywords on the document), but the Copy Property to/from Form Field action won't allow selecting the keyword backed field.

Even transitioning the document to another queue and reassigning to a different user doesn't update the value displayed on the form.

I'm using OnBase v18.0.1.44 with the Unity client.  How can I get the form to display the correct value?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Eric_Simpson1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Update:  I didn't resolve the issue with v18, but the form updated properly after we upgraded to EP3 (20.3.5.1000).

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Lood_Strydom1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Don't use a form field and custom action to update the keyword - just simply drop the keyword on your form.

Or am I missing something???  

There's a field on the Unity form that's stored in a keyword, not in the XML.  The problem is if workflow updates the keyword value, the new value isn't displayed on the form.  If I display the form, then right-click and display keywords, I see two different values for a single keyword -- one on the form and a different one in the keyword panel.

Refresh Display still shows the old value.  Closing and reloading the form displays the old value.  A different user loading the form displays the old value... though the keyword value has been changed in the database.

Do you want both values to display on the form?  Or when the value is modified in workflow, should the new value replace the old value?

If you want both values to display on the form, you will need a keyword group so multiple instances display.  

If the new value should replace the old value, use the "replace keyword" action and check the box to delete existing values.

It's a single keyword.  I only want a single value to display... the current value.  I'm using Replace Keyword with delete existing values under an ad hoc task in workflow.  It updates the keyword in the database correctly but doesn't update the value displayed on the Unity form.