cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity form doesn't reflect workflow keyword update

Eric_Simpson1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have a Unity form with a single occurrence loose keyword backed field that is updated as the form moves through workflow.  If a custom action changes the value or the user enters a value on the form and Submits the form, the keyword is updated.  If workflow updates the keyword the keyword value is changed but the form retains the old value.  Is there a way to update the form when workflow changes the keyword value?

I tried adding a Refresh Display command, no change. 

I tried setting the value in a property, then copying it to the keyword and the form.  I was able to copy the property to the keyword (verified by viewing keywords on the document), but the Copy Property to/from Form Field action won't allow selecting the keyword backed field.

Even transitioning the document to another queue and reassigning to a different user doesn't update the value displayed on the form.

I'm using OnBase v18.0.1.44 with the Unity client.  How can I get the form to display the correct value?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Eric_Simpson1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Update:  I didn't resolve the issue with v18, but the form updated properly after we upgraded to EP3 (20.3.5.1000).

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You could try a reload keywords action to see if that forces the form to recognize the change. 

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried Reload Keywords, Reload Item, separately and together.  I changed Replace Keyword to Delete All Keywords of Certain Type & Add Keyword.  I added logging to ensure the actions were being executed (they were).  Workflow is updating the keyword on the database, but not on the form.  Manually editing the form field also updates the keyword on the database.

I just found this Unity form was created with a form target of Document, not Workflow.  Would that cause the results I'm seeing?

As far as Document v Workflow setting, this does not have a bearing for your situation.  Workflow indicates the document will be used exclusively within workflow (think User Form or HTML Form).  Document allows the form to be available independently of workflow.

Back to the original issue, if the logic (replacement, delete existing values) is working correctly, it seems that there is an issue within your build related to the Unity form refresh.  Perhaps someone from Hyland could chime in if this is a known issue.

Lachlan_Osborne
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We had a similar issue. Turned out that a custom action we had set to initially fill in the keyword was resetting the value on the form( although not changing the keyword itself). By adding another condition to the custom action to prevent this the keyword would update correctly in both places after being set by the WorkFlow action. 

Eric_Simpson1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Update:  I didn't resolve the issue with v18, but the form updated properly after we upgraded to EP3 (20.3.5.1000).