cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity API Updating Document Date

Soumya_Metta
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

How do we update the Document Date using Unity API to a new Date. Please provide with examples if you have any.

8 REPLIES 8

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I should think, though I've not done it, that Keyword Updater might be a better answer IF all you need to do is change the Document Date.  If you know what the date should be for these documents, Keyword Updater does let you update that from a flat file.  You'd have to get a license, but it's free.  You just have to request it formally with a business case - and I think this is valid enough.

If that still doesn't update the dateexpire column, Workflow would. using some fancy trickery with E-Forms from your date sources.  Or, if there's a logic to the date (I.e. it's always 5 years in the past), Property to Expression. Then use Copy Keyword to set the new value to Document Date, and update with Exclude from Doc Retention and Remove Exclusion from Doc Retention to force the update to that column.

Mind, I've not done the second option myself, so you'd want to test with a few docs.  But it should work, in theory.

Jeff_Stoner
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi SM -

You'll most likely need to re-index the documents to a temporary doc type and then re-index them back to the retention doc type.

I think that the Workflow Set Document Type action does not require any user interaction. If you use the API, the API user may need to have the Document Retention Manager privilege in order to be able to re-index the documents.

Regards,
-jeff

Jeff_Stoner
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi -

Just to let everyone know, removing an exclusion does not update the document retention expiration date.

Marcus, thanks for your continued use of Community and all of the great information that you have contributed.

Regards,
-jeff

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Troubling that Workflow isn't smart enough to address the document retention changes without actually changing the document type.

But if it's as simple as changing the Document Date, and considering the volume of documents, that means in theory (as again, I've not tried it), Keyword Updater is likely to be the fastest option at least for getting the date corrected.  Then it's just doing the rather clunky Workflow document type changes to force the changes.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.