Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity API - GetPage is not working for Docx and PDF

Lucky_Kanwal
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Here is issue:
GetPage is not working for Docx and PDF. When I call GetPage , it is giving me full document , not a page. This code work for multi page TIF. We are using 15.0.1.109 version.

Question is , how can I get a page from GetPage for Docx and PDF? I don’t want to retrieve full document, I just need a page.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Chris_Marvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi APILearner,

Thanks for asking your question on Community. The reason you are seeing the entire document brought back instead of a single page is because OnBase is not able to retrieve a single page from an OLE document natively. These documents do not have a page range that we are able to parse. As you mentioned this works with multi-page TIF files, so an option would be to convert these documents to a multi-page TIF and retrieve the page you need that way. Otherwise you will only be able to retrieve the entire document using GetPage.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Chris_Marvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi APILearner,

Thanks for asking your question on Community. The reason you are seeing the entire document brought back instead of a single page is because OnBase is not able to retrieve a single page from an OLE document natively. These documents do not have a page range that we are able to parse. As you mentioned this works with multi-page TIF files, so an option would be to convert these documents to a multi-page TIF and retrieve the page you need that way. Otherwise you will only be able to retrieve the entire document using GetPage.