cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity API Compatibility

Josh_White
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Does the system hitting the Unity API have to be in a specific language (e.g. Microsoft, .NET, etc.) or is it "language agnostic?"

Also, I need to confirm whether a PHP system can be integrated with OnBase and utilize the Unity API.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Matt_Savigear
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Josh,

The Unity API is a set of .NET DLLs built against the .NET Framework and therefore need to be run in a compatible environment (note that .NET Core releases are not compatible - you must use Framework). You would need to have a suitable interop layer to use them with a non-.NET language. I'm not aware of anything for PHP beyond much older options using .NET versions 2 or 3 however I have seen a working API client running in Python using the Python.NET package.

Alternatively I believe there is a PHP implementation build on top of the .NET framework if you are specifically looking to use the language rather than the usual PHP hosting structures.

Beyond this, you would need a full middleware setup such as a REST API to provide PHP-consumable services.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Matt_Savigear
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Josh,

The Unity API is a set of .NET DLLs built against the .NET Framework and therefore need to be run in a compatible environment (note that .NET Core releases are not compatible - you must use Framework). You would need to have a suitable interop layer to use them with a non-.NET language. I'm not aware of anything for PHP beyond much older options using .NET versions 2 or 3 however I have seen a working API client running in Python using the Python.NET package.

Alternatively I believe there is a PHP implementation build on top of the .NET framework if you are specifically looking to use the language rather than the usual PHP hosting structures.

Beyond this, you would need a full middleware setup such as a REST API to provide PHP-consumable services.

Thank you Matt.

To back up one step, is DocPop ran off of a Unity API? Or is this a different API? I am trying to gather details for a prospective customer.

Hi Josh,

DocPop is not an API at all. It is a component web form in the OnBase web client. It just exposes the ability to access a file via structured URL (all of the URL rules are in the MRG).

If you're creating POP URLs externally, and you need to include checksums, there is a separate web security API (also .NET) that just exposes the functionality to create the checksum based on the query string from the URL.

To add on to this answer: There is also a Java implementation of the Unity API that allows it to be used from a Java environment, which adds flexibility for systems that don't have access to the .NET Framework.

There is also a new native REST API available for integration. More information about it is here: https://community.hyland.com/technical/rest-apis/blog/posts/74539-onbase-foundation-ep3-rest-api-ove...