cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity API Archive

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Been seeing some weird issues when using the Unity API to import images into Onbase. We pass to the Unity API the file path to where the image that needs imported resides, but on occasion we receive a "File Path '\\server\share\<filename>.tif' does not exist". I have verified that the image does exist within the said directory, and the app server pool account has read, and write permissions to this location.

Has anyone else seen behaviour of this nature?

core version 11.02.161

3 REPLIES 3

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I would verify that the user running the app pool has permissions to the directory and file. Even if you have directory privileges, the file itself could have different ntfs permissions.

Not applicable

In situations like this, I always double check the code surrounding the formation of the file path(s).  Make sure that when the filename is being concatenated that it's not going through any string cleaning like a trim function for example.  The error message isn't necessarily showing you the path that is actually being used for the import process unless you're kicking the actual variable from the import function over to the message box for the error.  If you can't find an error, you may want to get a second pair of eyes on the source.

Patrick_Ramser
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Paul,

I'm interested to see if you were able to alleviate your issue. Did you find out if there were some specific restrictions with the permissions or the file path you were using?