cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Launch OnBase Configuration - ORA-00942 'hsi.licensetable" table or view does not exist.

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Greetings,

I have installed OnBase 12.0.3 Web and Application on a test server, set up my Oracle 11g database including table spaces, and I have run the steps from DBUtil application including Create all tables, Grant rights to tables, Initialize system data, Create keyword tables, and create all indexes.

Now, I'd like to go into Configuration for the finishing tasks.

When I log on as the "MANAGER" user, it errors out with ORA-00942 that the "hsi.licensetable" does not exist.  It does in fact exist under the hsi schema.  Is there another account that I should be using or another step that I may have overlooked?

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Kindest regards,

Mike

8 REPLIES 8

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

The DBUtils process will create the HSICORE and HSINET accounts with the correct passwords when the Database is greated - provided the HSI account has the proper permissions. RecreateDBUsers will also recreate those if they aren't found when it is run. I'd say RecreateDBUsers is your best bet for this issue once you've verified HSI's permissions.

Ansley

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Sorry about that, I skipped over the fact that it was Config having the issue. 

Could it be something like in incorrectly configured ODBC connection? (i.e. going to a non-existant database)

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have solved this problem.  After reviewing the users and granted privileges on my development database, there is a user (incidentally named the same as the server) that also exists on my test database.  The problem on my test database is that user needs to be GRANTED "CLIENTGP" role. 

What does remain unsolved is why it did not get the privilege while running the scripts.

Anyway, problem solved.

Thanks to all for the responses to my question!

Mike

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Michael,

Glad to hear that you got the issue resolved. If you run into any of those permissions type issues again, RecreateDBUsers will clear them up by making sure all of the database level users have the appropriate roles and that those roles have the appropriate permissions to the tables.

Ansley