cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSKB-397713 - Question - Do not see Authentication Settings

Austin_Barber
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

When I go to "User Groups and Rights" in OnBase Config, but I do not see "Authentication Settings ‘Remove users from this group if no matching domain group found’".  Possibly I am looking in the wrong place or it's worded differently. I went through each tab but didn't not see anything that was similar. I am on OnBase 17. Any guidance please? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Scott_Simon
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Austin, Go to Config | User | User Groups and Rights | <select the group> | Authentication Settings ‘Remove users from this group if no matching domain group found’. 

For more info see:  https://community.hyland.com/tskb/397713-IsthereaconfigsettingtosynchronizeauserwiththeirADgroupswit...

Here are the OnBase Config Options that I can see. I'm not sure if you read my question but I do not see "Authentication Settings ‘Remove users from this group if no matching domain group found’. I have read the knowledge base article that you linked in your answer. That is also why I put the knowledge base article number in the subject line. 

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Austin, 

Are you using "Active Directory - enhanced" or "Active Directory - basic" authentication?  This setting can be found under Utils | Directory Services Authentication in Config.  I believe that the setting you referenced is only an option if basic is used, and my hunch is that you have the enhanced authentication set up in your environment.  The default behavior for user groups in the enhanced mode is to remove users if they no longer belong to the active directory group which is why I think that this setting is hidden.  However, within the "Settings" area under the Directory Services Authentication you have more flexibility to set up exclusions, manually manage groups, etc.

I hope this helps.

Nick

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Austin.

As was already mentioned, that option is only available for the Active Directory - Basic and LDAP security methods.  If you are using Active Directory - Enhanced, that option is not available, however, there is another way to manage user groups.  Here are a couple posts where I discuss how to manually manage user groups with this method (link and link).

Best wishes.