Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitioning Scan Batches in the Unity API after 13.0.0.58

Patrick_Ramser
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Let me play the role of a customer for a second and ask a question:

"I've upgraded to 13.0.0.68 and all of my existing Scan Batch logic written in the Unity API is broken! My Scan Batches are being created in some strange status and the batches themselves won't transition to the designated queue until I transition out of this 'Unknown' status! What's the deal?"

1 REPLY 1

Patrick_Ramser
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

After already releasing version 13 of our software (including the Unity API) we discovered some issues with a few pre-Awaiting Index queues and assigning Scan Batches to them through the Unity API. The Scan Batches weren't correctly being assigned (for example) to the Awaiting Document Seperation queue when a developer would create a given batch using the API.

To correct this issue, we made a significant change to our already existing BatchManagement logic that could break any Unity API Batch solutions created before version 13.0.0.58. Instead of batches starting in the 'Awaiting Index' queue when they're created in the API, we had to compensate for those pre-Index statuses by creating another place for them to start called 'Unknown'.

This means that:

• Any script that creates a new scan batch and does not transition it will be in an 'Unknown' status after 13.0.0.58.
  • Any solutions that transition a batch some pre-determined amount of times will need to be updated to include another transition to compensate for 'Unknown' after 13.0.0.58.
  • Any batch code that doesn't account for pre-Awaiting Index statuses or the 'Unknown' batch status will need to be updated after 13.0.0.58.

For any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact your first line of API Support for assistance. If you are unsure who your first line of API Support is, please contact us at apisupport@hyland.com and we can point you in the right direction. We are happy to assist you in troubleshooting if you are part of an API Certified organization. If you are not API Certified, we can put you in contact with our Custom Solutions Group who would be able to assist you as a billable service.