cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Log reports

Mathew_McDaniel
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Looking to see if there is a way to automate the creation of a transaction log report from OnBase. Currently I create a log report in the thick client daily for the purpose of having a QC stop on changes done in OnBase by Manager usergroup. Doesn't take long but, would be better if it could be done automatically if I ever go on vacation...

4 REPLIES 4

Gary_Zaganiacz
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
I to would be interested in this ability. Seems like it would be a benefit to end users who don't have access to the thick client

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Matthew,

There is an SCR (#137534) which requests this functionality be added to OnBase (the ability to schedule the creation of transaction log reports), however due to the architecture and complexity of the change development is not currently pursuing it at this time and has officially rejected the request. If you would like to discuss the SCR further I would suggest reaching out your first line of support.

In addition to this, there is an open enhancement (SCR# 204283) that requests the ability to schedule reports from other mechanisms (Reporting Dashboards) that may fit your needs depending on what type of information you are trying to grab from the transaction log. At this time however the SCR is still being considered for a future release.

Thanks,

I know this is an old post, but just came across the need to automate the transaction log myself.  I thought that I could probably put together a SQL query that contained all the same log information (and then some) and write the output to a csv file.  I could then schedule it to run through management studio or Windows Task Scheduler and then parse it back into Onbase.  I came across one problem though.  I couldn't locate a table that contained either the action or actionnum and subactionnum fields.  The only thing in the transactionxlog table are these numeric values without the descriptions (such as Viewed Document, etc...).  How does Onbase translate these numeric action values into descriptions?  If this information was located in a table I could access, I'd be able to create my own custom transaction logs, schedule them, and import them into Onbase. 

Grigoriy_Rott
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Please our organization add us to both SRCs