Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace an user importing activities using the Unity Client

Manuel_Santana
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

How I can trace and log into a file (user pc) the activities of a specific user that is using the Unity Client? We want to trace and log her daily importing of documents. About the importing of documents is important to record the document handle of the imported documents.

The about is because we are having some complaints from some remote users of the Claims Department. They are saying that documents that they imported are not in Onbase. We queried the Onbase database and it doesn't has records of such documents. So, we want to record the Unity Client activities during the entire day for a specific user and see what documents she imported.

I know how to get the activities and store the file in the local user PC for one user using the Thick Client Verbose functionality, but with the Unity Client do not.

Regards.

Manuel

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Theresa_Yu
Employee
Employee

Hi Manuel, 

You should be able to create a Transaction Log report in the OnBase Client to show the activity for a specific user. The activity logged is not limited to any specific client interface. Transaction Log reports can be created from the Admin > Transaction Logs > Create Report menu.

If you are only concerned with document imports, I would suggest trying the "Document History" transaction log and selecting the "Document Create/Delete" action. You can then filter by specific users, document types and date ranges. Additional details about the various options can be found in the Sys Admin MRG:

https://support.hyland.com/r/OnBase/System-Administration-On-Premises/English/Foundation-22.1/On-Pre...

ef42893515994cd6993a03d1f79239d5

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Theresa_Yu
Employee
Employee

Hi Manuel, 

You should be able to create a Transaction Log report in the OnBase Client to show the activity for a specific user. The activity logged is not limited to any specific client interface. Transaction Log reports can be created from the Admin > Transaction Logs > Create Report menu.

If you are only concerned with document imports, I would suggest trying the "Document History" transaction log and selecting the "Document Create/Delete" action. You can then filter by specific users, document types and date ranges. Additional details about the various options can be found in the Sys Admin MRG:

https://support.hyland.com/r/OnBase/System-Administration-On-Premises/English/Foundation-22.1/On-Pre...

ef42893515994cd6993a03d1f79239d5