cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test / migration setup - SQL 2014?

Brendan_Rees
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am planning to work with our reseller (keymark) soon to do a migration to a test environment, and then hopefully migrate our production.

The current environment is server 2003 x64 / SQL 2005.

I plan to install on server 2012 R2, 

I am currently reading through the Database Installation Guide.  Is there other documentation that I should read for an upgrade/migration?

My main question is: It looks like the guide was written in 2012.  Does Onbase support running on SQL 2014?  What about 2012 SP1?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi,

The groups for OnBase Upgrades has content and documentation on upgrading OnBase. Any documentation on this site that you've come across related to the upgrade of SQL Server, if from 2012, should still be applicable today.

The Database Installation Guide is intended to be agnostic to the version of OnBase except as noted in the content. The versions of SQL Server (and Windows Server) that are supported are dependent on the version of OnBase that you are running. You can locate the specifics of that in the System Administration MRG (or any of the product MRGs for your version).

Regarding your specific question, SQL Server 2014 is not currently supported with OnBase. We are testing for compatibility with OnBase 14 which is scheduled for release later this year. SQL Server 2012 (including SP1) is supported with OnBase 12 and higher.

Hope that helps!

Ansley

Andy_Steinke
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is there an update as to whether Onbase 14 will support SQL 2014?  Thanks!

Ryan_Wilson1
Employee
Employee

Yes, OnBase 14 supports SQL Server 2014.  See the release overview guide that is posted here:  https://www.onbase.com/community/onbase_product_communities/m/ob14mrg/14853.aspx