cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic monitoring for Onbase Unity Client EP1 any recommendations.

Nazlin_Jiwani
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Looking for recommendations for Synthetic monitoring for Onbase Unity Client EP1 with good reporting capabilities. The monitoring agent should be able to measure the health of the application, the performance, reporting capbilities and also alert the admins in case any services fail etc.

3 REPLIES 3

George_Patrick
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Nazlin, 

Hyland does not provide any recommendations for 3rd party tools for synthetic monitoring. I would recommend reviewing the features of the leading APM products to see what one would be the best fit. Most of them have the features you are looking for. 

Budd_Gilfillen
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi Nazlin.

We have started using Dynatrace for APM this year and have had pretty good luck with it so far. Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for, but so far it seems to work pretty well for us. It monitors the performance of the application server and other Hyland services fairly well, letting us know if there is an increase in error rate or slow down in response time. We have also been able to set up bots through it that will log into the web client and performs actions to verify that base functionality works as well.

In terms of alerts and reporting it has some built in options such as Slack, Jira, Trello, etc., but I can't speak to how well those work since we don't use those internally. If you don't use one of the products for the pre-built integrations you can leverage the API to do custom alerting (which is what we do).

There are also dashboards that can be configured to provide a quick look at the overall health of the system. I would agree with what George said about looking into them yourself to make sure you get one that fits with what you want, but figured I would share the one that we use along with some information to get you started at least.

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Another one that we use is Zabbix. This is quite an interesting and very versatile system. Then the cool thing is if your company has a system like Splunk, then you can dump the logs from Zabbix into Splunk and then all of the Diagnostics console logging as well and when you put the two together, it can really give you a good overall view of how your system is performing. The other benefit here is that if you need to do any troubleshooting, you can look at a single place to see all of these data points and hopefully see what is going on. 🙂

Just my thoughts.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.