cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweeping Files (PDF) then converting to TIFF.

Jonathan_Armstr
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi There,

There are tons of questions in regards to converting from PDF to TIFF, but I was wondering if Hyland software could do this natively?

If so, how do I do this?

Step

1) Schedule Sweep of folder into Scan Queue

2) Processing Option in Scan queue to convert to TIFF

3) Barcode Process to Read documents and apply keywords and fully index.

4) Workflow assignment to route to Queue.

5) User retrieval in Workflow to perform Signature on TIFF and Redact image.

Step 2 is where I am getting stuck

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Hi Jonathan,

OnBase can do this using the Virtual Print Driver (VPD) so you will need to install it on the machine that is performing the image processing. To set the conversion up on the scan queue:

1. In OnBase Configuration, go to Import | Scan Queues | <Select the scan queue> | Process Options | Image Processing tab.
  2. Select the Perform Image Processing checkbox.
  3. Enter a descriptive name and select Convert Documents to Image File Format from the drop down menu on the right.
  4. Select Add.
  5. Using the drop-down, select the print queue that is mapped to the VPD.
  6. Increase the Print Operation Timeout (seconds) if you are converting large documents that will need time to process.
  7. Save.

If that isn't what you were looking for please let me know.

Thanks!

Amanda

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Johnathan,

You will probably want to read this thread, in addition to everything Amanda said.

https://www.hyland.com/community/onbase_product_communities/imaging_and_capture_modules/production_d...

Cheers,
Seth

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Oh...   If you don't have the VPD module, check this thread: https://www.hyland.com/community/technical_communities/onbase_installation_expertise/f/10787/p/11419...

Cheers,
Seth

Hi Amanda and Seth,

Appreciate you quick responses.  I see other people have used third party applications outside of Hyland which is a possibility but I prefer using one solution if possible.

So from what I can read, the options I have are:

1) Purchase Virtual Print License to convert from PDF ---> TIFF.

2) Script using snowbnd in Unity (Which we currently don't have)

3) Use 3rd party software to convert before sweeping into Hyland.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.