Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing image file via Hyland services API

Chris_Montgomer
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

We currently use the Hyland Services API in our Java application to store and retrieve documents.  We currently store PDF, Excel and XML files.  We have a new requirement for storing image files, and for ease of use would like to be able to import these to OnBase via the API.  However, when trying to store an image (GIF or TIF), I'm getting an exception thrown (see below).

We just upgraded our test environment to version 11 SP1.  I am able to import an image to the document type using the OnBase Web Client sucessfully, so I believe the document type configuration is valid.  I have ensured that the fileTypeID is the ID for "Image File Format" (2).

The "List`1 filePaths" part of the error has me stumped, because the document bytes are passed in, not a file path.  Has anyone encountered this error, or know what my issue may be? 

Thanks,

Chris Montgomery

Event Type:         Error

Event Source:     Hyland Application Server

Event Category: None

Event ID:              0

Date:                    11/3/2011

Time:                    12:46:17 PM

User:                    N/A

Computer:           BOSONBASET

Description:

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException

ErrorCode: -2147467259

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: DMCOREX.OBXPropertyBag ProcessArchivalTokenEx(System.Object)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: Hyland.Public.Services

StackTrace Information

at DMCOREX.IOBXStorageProvider.ProcessArchivalTokenEx(Object varArchivalToken)

at Hyland.Public.Services.Module.archiveEx(IOBXSession session, ArchivalToken token, List`1 filePaths)

at Hyland.Public.Services.Module.ArchiveDocumentEx(ArchivalToken token, List`1 filePaths)

at Hyland.Public.Services.Core.storeDocument()

13 REPLIES 13

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Unfortunately you probably won't get a ton of support on Hyland Services anymore. Are you able to switch to Unity?

Chris_Montgomer
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We have one of our administrators in training right now, and he is going to find out more about our options.

Victor_Pudelsk3
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Chris, Is there anything else in the Diagnostics Console? perhaps there are more errors that could lead to a more definitive diagnosis on what is happening.

As for options, I will say that Unity does not provide a Java interface as of yet. This would mean that you would have to write a translation layer (wrapper API) for Unity and call into that via web service calls from Java. I do believe that Hyland is working on Java for Unity but it is not released and still in the works.

Chris_Montgomer
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We had this in the event viewer, if this is helpful:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Hyland Application Server

Event Category: None

Event ID: 0

Date: 11/3/2011

Time: 12:46:17 PM

User: N/A

Computer: BOSONBASET

Description:

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException

ErrorCode: -2147467259

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: DMCOREX.OBXPropertyBag ProcessArchivalTokenEx(System.Object)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: Hyland.Public.Services

StackTrace Information

at DMCOREX.IOBXStorageProvider.ProcessArchivalTokenEx(Object varArchivalToken)

at Hyland.Public.Services.Module.archiveEx(IOBXSession session, ArchivalToken token, List`1 filePaths)

at Hyland.Public.Services.Module.ArchiveDocumentEx(ArchivalToken token, List`1 filePaths)

at Hyland.Public.Services.Core.storeDocument()