cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyland Services Java API

Sarah_Doyle
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We use the Java APIs to retreive documents for our portal. We need to add a new document file type - excel - but the file is getting corrupted when downloaded. We can download images, rtf & csv files just fine but it seems line both excel and word files are getting modified (corrupted) on the download. These same files are fine when accessed from web client. Any ideas out there what could be going wrong? We are on ver 9.2 - we upgraded the test server to  ver 11 hoping it would be resolved - same problem.  Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

Victor_Pudelsk3
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Out of curiousity is the diagnostics console logging anything on the retrieval? How are you adding the file to OnBase? Are you sure the correct file type is being applied on import? I have seen a similar error when archiving documents as the wrong file type. Sometimes what happens is in the OnBase client it is somehow able to recover and know the image is a different file type before displaying but the API doesn't know the file is really a different type and therefore you can't view the document.

Timothy_Cosgrif
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

A few questions for clarification.

1. Which request are you using? GetDocumentData or StreamDocumentData?
  2. What parameters are you passing to the requests?
  3. If using GetDocumentData, how are you converting the Base64 encoded string that is returned? (Apparently there are a few different ways, I used the javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter package)

I tried to recreate the issue with a normal GetDocumentData and found no issues. Maybe with a little more information, I can narrow down the source of the problem.

Sarah_Doyle
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I don't see any error on the diagnostic console - the file comes over. I imported it as an excel file and the file properties show it as type 13 (excel). Tried setting content type as application/vnd.ms-excel and native format.

Sarah_Doyle
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Well just to followup on this post - first - the developer was pointing to the wrong system - production - not dev - and I was giving the doc id for test and he was pulling total different docs from prod not excel!), 2 - we have weblogics and the jsp had to be modified some - so OnBase works fine!! Yeah!